Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thursday with Tommy!

On Thursdays, Tommy spends most of his day with his grandma and grandpa. He gets an hour more with them when I teach my late afternoon classes, like today. It's hard to leave home, but a lot easier knowing that Thomas is having such a good time. The more he stays with them, the more at peace I am, and although my heart aches to be with him and do all our fun daily routine stuff together, I know that he is enjoying his day to the fullest. Today, Grandma reports that, as usual, he had a great day, and although the wind was howling and the rain was pouring, I came home to find Grandpa and Thomas playing outside and having a good time. There was floor wrestling, lots of stories, and I'm sure their fair share of songs, chats and trains. When I got home, Thomas had dinner then quickly indicated he wanted more time outside, so we headed up to the school playground to enjoy a blustery swing time! When I push Thomas higher, Thomas calls out high, and when I call out ready, Thomas calls out weh-wree! John had a short run tonight, so he got home a little before 7. More time upstairs playing and wrestling, and then bedtime. Another great day, even with the start of the rainy season!

No comments: