Saturday, August 12, 2006

Trip to White Rock, B.C.

Today I wanted to head up to Pemberton, up near Whistler, to get away for a while, but the hotel I wanted to try out was booked up tight. Instead, while John headed down to a preseason game with his dad, Thomas and I headed up to White Rock to check out the beach. It was a beautiful evening for playing in the water, and I think Thomas enjoyed the warm waters to play in. I would have liked to try out one of the fish n' chips shacks that dot the boardwalk, but Thomas was eager to get back home. He's not used to having to dry with salt water on his skin instead of his usual hot water bath. The border trips were great and it was super easy to get up there. Hopefully we can take the family back up and enjoy the water together. Up there Thomas had O'donals and back down we had KFC and gelato. That was how "on vacation" I wanted to be.

No comments: