Monday, January 15, 2007

Growing the Moose-6 months!


Today I went into the doctor's for the monthly checkup and he checked to see if my placenta has move up and away. Time has worked well in my favor and I don't have placenta previa, which would have been an automatic c-section. Although I fear the impending labor and delivery trauma, I wasn't relishing the idea of a six week abdominal recovery time, considering the level of activity there is with a 3 year old in the house. My insatiable hunger has resulted in a 22 pound weight gain at this point, though, so that's a bummer. He told me that I could gain 8-12 more pounds and still be at a reasonable weight gain. Good idea, doc, but then I reminded him that I gained 50 plus pounds with Thomas and told him that I hoped to just stay below that. So far I have about 30 more pounds to play with. My goal is to stay 10 pounds under that and I'll be proud of myself. Very proud. Bring on the moose!

No comments: