Saturday, April 14, 2007

10 Days and Counting!

I am finally down to days, thanks to Dr. Cook's plan for a April 25th induction. More than likely we will start slowly (come on now!) and make the big push on the 26th, but there is always hope that I will either start early on my own or it will progress quickly on that first day. What a journey this has been, and so many different emotions involved throughout. I can honestly say this has been the hardest and most trying time in my life, and has brought out so many different thoughts, feelings, and experiences that we have all gone through together. I have been at most sickest, my most desperate, my happiest (with Thomas and all his joy and love) and hopefully, looking back, my strongest (in order to get through it with my sanity). My blood pressure is rising, which is why I'm having to do twice weekly non stress tests at the hospital and why we're probably going to induce in the 38th week. Cook doubled my blood pressure med, which has helped to this point, and the pressure hose that Kim recommended have helped with the leg and feet swelling. I now rotate between three shirts and three pairs of pants, and I'm refusing to buy anyting else unless it's an extremely cute summer outfit once I drop these pounds off and I don't have a human being stretching and pushing his way around my internal organs. It's amazing that we're this close, and scary too, as we still don't honestly have a named picked out for him. We're pushing it, that's for sure!

No comments: