Thursday, April 05, 2007

Saying for April 2007

"I want tree from Nada" (translation- I want treat from the pinata)

"Tommy, you're being so patient," while out shopping for the baby. "No, mommy, I losing my patience." Said as he's sitting squirming in his stroller at our last store of the afternoon. I had to ask him twice what he said, I was so shocked at what he said. I could only laugh and head out of the store for treats, as yes, he had been patient with me, and yes, it was time to be done.

"Be patient, Mom. Be patient." This coming after I'd called him several times to get his poopy diaper changed. Pretty brash words for someone who just poo-ed his pants! Of course the rational part of me needed to correct him and let him know he can't talk to me like that. The biggest part of me was fighting to keep from laughing out loud at him.

After wishing Dick happy birthday on the telephone.

"Uncle Dick live in Texas?"
"Yes, he lives in Texas."
"Oh. That where tornados are." (He has a book on tornados that mention Texas and a type of tornado.) "Will the scientist warn him when tornados come?" (One sections points out that scientists study tornadoes and the different ways they warn the people about big storms and tornados.)

No comments: