Saturday, September 15, 2007

Keith Urban-Take Three! Key Arena

We originally didn't want to do it. We wouldn't have done it had it not been for our cousins, Erica and Brad, who despite hearing some of the rumors, still felt the love for our favorite performer. Having been struck on our first show at the Paramount and traveling together to The Gorge for our second adventure, it was just a given that on his next Northwest trek we'd again join in together. Unfortunately, Keith had lost a lot of us with his marriage to Mrs. Tom Cruise, his stint in rehab and the rumors of wild nights of hard drugs, women and booze. It was sad, in a way, to think of adventures to Keith Urban ending, but I just couldn't wrap my mind around supporting him anymore. The music wasn't enough if I'd lost my respect.
Well, tonight he brought me back in! He won me over again. Apparently, I'm a sucker for incredible talent, and I challenge any of my friends and family to go to a show and not get hooked. From the opening notes in the darkened arena, he had me again. I waited for something to happen, some reason to be annoyed or angry. I waited for some pathetic attempt to make light of what he'd been "back in the day", shows that we can now question whether or not he was high as a kite (and not on natural adrenaline!) It didn't come. And just like that, with an apology to the crowd and a sincere-sounding thanks for sticking it out through the rough time he'd put us all through the 11 months of late, I was again ready to make plans for our Keith adventures with Brad and Erica!

No comments: