Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jesus In My Heart

Three mornings ago, Thomas and I were checking out my toe, which I think is barely hanging on to life right now. Thomas remarked at how "sick" it looks, and he told me Jesus should put a bandaid on it. I asked him if he wanted to ask Jesus to help heal my sick toe. He said to me, "But Jesus is not in my heart." What followed was a short chat about how Jesus loves us very much and hears us all the time, not just at bedtime, etc. He told me, "No, he's not in my heart." "Do you want to ask him into your heart, Thomas? He loves you very much," I replied. "No, maybe this summer," he said, smiling up at me so sweetly.

Tonight, he asked me to pray for his owies on his legs. They are numerous today after a long weekend of playing with cousins, so it took more time than usual to detail them all for Jesus. At the end, he quietly said, "and be in my heart, Jesus."
I whispered, "Did you just ask Jesus into your heart?"
I could barely make out his whispered yes, and I could tell he was super shy about it.

I have faith...

1 comment:

tysondouglas said...

yay! that is so precious! it's so great that he made the decision for himself!