Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tommy's 5th Birthday

Erica and Brad made it up last night and we went out together to celebrate at Red Robin. it is so fun to sit and enjoy a real meal together with the kids enjoying their time together. This morning I went out for a run before the guys went on their run, then we settled in to enjoy the day together. Erica and I went out for supplies while the guys entertained the troops for us. By afternoon, it was time to get our party started...but I was pretty relaxed about the whole thing, including not setting a time for the whole thing to start or how it would all come together. I think the highlight of the afternoon was the super Indiana Jones cake, complete with jungle color, and Indiana action figure and a mountain with a ball rolling towards Indiana. Pretty cool cake in my opinion. Tommy loved opening his presents and received such wonderful gifts. The themes for this birthday were Indiana Jones, Webkinz and Star Wars legos.

Dear Tommy,

Mommy is so very blessed to call you my son. I can't believe you are five years old today! You are the sweetest, most precious boy, and I love you with all my heart. I love how you laugh at the most silly things, I love how your face lights up with such joy. I love how you wrap your arms around me and tell me how much you love me..."more than my house!" Honey, I love YOU more than anything in this world, and I always will. Five years ago your Mom and Dad were blessed with a miracle neither of us could have ever imagined.

No comments: