Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Promoting

Today was my day off, but it just felt like another jammed day of work for me. Somehow I find myself interested in helping promote a concert that is coming up here in Bellingham, and I'm super excited about it. I walked into Jan and LInda's office and felt such a feeling of frustration that it has spurred me into action, and whether it be misplaced energy or God using me, I'm off and running. Fortunately, I can hide my true agenda from my son under the disguises of lots of bye-bye new car and treats out in Lynden. The day was full of phone calls, frantic trips around town passing out fliers, a trip out to my doctor to deal with an increasing problem in my neck followed by a quick trip to a church to coerce them into putting my oversized fliers in their church bulletin (someday I'll remind these people of their silly policies and see if God finds it funny then) and then also trying to go about our daily activities without too much disruption. Many of my phone calls left at churches went un returned, and I find it especially appalling that God's minister's are so pathetically unprofessional. I'm not going to pull any punches. There are men and women of God in this community that will answer for the way they behave towards the public, and I pray that there is justice for those mistreated by people playing Christian. I won't name names, but there are some whose name I will never forget (ah-choo Reverand Barry at that Shalom Center) ah-choo) While Thomas napped I pounded away at the phone, schemed for face time at the weekly youth pastor's meeting in Lynden and tried to figure out how to arrange someone to watch Thomas while I took care of it all. Thomas enjoyed our trip out to Lynden, pointing out the many cows, horses and barns he found along the way. "Oh, look!" he'd cry out. "Look, mommy!" "T'sat, Mommy?" when he didn't quite know what it was. "T'sat noise, Mommy?" when he didn't know what was making a particular sound. We enjoyed treats at a roadside espresso stand and headed for home.

No comments: