Saturday, June 10, 2006

Friends Come over and I finally got in Lake Whatcom






Today, after going out to gym in Ferndale to run around, my friend Leanne brought her two sons over to meet and play with Thomas. We had a great time hanging out by the beach and catching up. Leanne left Bellingham a few years ago and we didn't realize they were back in town until Easter Sunday service at church.

This afternoon I finally got up the courage to brave the icy waters of Lake Whatcom and play with my son, who sucks his guts in and waves his arms around like bees are stinging him, but still manages to get himself swimming in the awful cold water. Oh, the sacrifices mothers make. I just don't want to be that mom who won't play with her kid and he'll hold that against me for the rest of his life. Man, it was torture! And then he jumped off the dock into my arms, completely soaking me with this same frigid water that was freezing my legs off and causing headaches in my calves. Amazing! Some day I better get some kudos for this one!

Tonight Brandy brought Lauren and Hayden over to play and Thomas threw his first tantrum over clothes...while he was sitting in the hot water bucket! Go figure! He's crying for his shoes as he huddles in steaming hot water! So I take him in, dry him off, all the while he's crying, screeching and carrying on like his life is ending. All for clothes! He wanted his clothes on. Once they were on, off he was, climbing the rock with Lauren and running through the yard. And to think he could have just asked....

No comments: