Thursday, June 08, 2006

New words and new delights

Bruce reported that today, after watching The Lion King once and requesting it again, Thomas said, "I love this show." when calling for the movie again.

We're looking to find someone or some people who can watch Thomas during the additional hours that we're needing these days. It seems like our work schedules are super busy and we're needing more hours that we can fill on the days that Bruce and Lil watch him. I'm supposed to have two chiropractic appointments and two massage appointments a week. That, on top of my scheduled days at work and our other activities, is a lot of time that I need. It's been super hard to fit it all in, and I'm failing to follow my treatment plan for my herniated disc because I just can't fit it all in. I'm scheduled to take vacation, have extra days at work to fill in for a coworker, make it to a dentist appointment and then get my wisdom teeth out the day after the 4th, to name a few of the "extras added to my schedule that necessitates schedule changes. Thomas can stay up at Jenny's but that can only happen at certain hours of the day based on her schedule and Thomas' nap schedule. So, anyway, we're looking for someone to pick up the slack and then help out with any additional schedule conflcts. Tonight I had Molly come over to hang out for a few hours and play while I tried to keep myself busy and out of their way, and sight. Thomas had to come find me twice just to make sure I hadn't dogged him, but he was very content and eager to hang out and play with Molly. My hope is that he gets so used to her that I'll be able to leave him with her during her few months off from school this summer, while at the same time breaking in a nanny that will continue through the summer and into the next year. I just have to hope that I can find someone who meets my very specific requirements and a person we can all enjoy being with. It's hard to think of someone other than us watching him, but it's time to admit we need some help with our schedules and just deal with it. The search is on!

No comments: