Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mom and Dad arrive post-surgery

Mom and dad showed up today to help out with anything that might need helping out post-surgery. I was bummed that I'd be out of commission during their stay, but thankful that they would shoulder some of the responsibility for caring for Thomas. I wasn't much company to them while they were here, but it was good to have them here to play with Thomas, especially since he seems to be coming down with some nasty cold again. I'm sad that they can't see the normal Thomas in action, and instead get a cranky Thomas, but it's good anyway to have them hanging out with him and entertaining. We didn't do much as I was supposed to sit on the couch and recuperate, but we did sneak out and go down to Fairhaven to look around and eat lunch together. Although not in pain, whatever they gave me knocked my legs out from under me, and I was like a zombie for 3 days. Maybe it was the meds, maybe the lack of food, maybe the nauseating taste of blood in my mouth, maybe the fact that Thomas was up sick in the night, but I wasn't much of anything while they were here. I know Dad was worried that something was wrong, but other than exhaustion, everything was good. Hopefully the next time they're here I'll be just as spunky as ever. Nothing like pulling 4 teeth to ruin the party!

No comments: