Wednesday, July 19, 2006

New Happenings


Things have been going crazy lately, and I've yet to actually come to terms with the fact that it's NOT June anymore. I'm finally off the Tylenol drip (I'm being sarcastic) that I've been hooked to for about two weeks now, and I was beginning to worry that Tommy's mommy was going to become dependent on mass doses of painkillers again. The headaches were back, the asthma was back and the pain was constant, which made me no fun to be around. But, gone is everything but the asthma, and after numerous test that all came back good, it looks like we'll just have to play this asthma round out and see where it goes.

Thomas has been taking it like a champ, though, but he has no sympathy and continues he wear us all out. He's big into pretending now, and throughout the day we're playing cars in the garage, on the car table or out on the beach. Sometimes he'll throw trains into the mix, but most of the time he's picking out cars for us to be and then we have to follow his lead. "Mommy, play carssssssss!" he'll call, "Grandpa, play carsssssss!" and so on all day long. When outside we race around the landscape playing monster trucks, and he's big into picking the pea pods off, picking apples and rolling down the big mountain of dirt up in the orchard. He's singing songs with grandma and counting a lot, but loses track and counts all over the place. He loves to dive in the water with John, but has finally figured out that Lake Whatcom is COLD, so the majority of his time is spent in hot bath, where he loves to play waterfall and pour water from different containers. He's big into hiking with me and likes to go up to Arroyo Park and hike to the waterfall. Of course, it's always a big game as to how far back down the trail he'll make it before clinging to my leg, saying, "Mommy, hold you, Mommy, hold you." Then it's up to me to get us down and back out of the canyon to the car. Good for my workout, that's for sure. I'm so thankful he loves to be outside hiking and playing. It's great to know that the weather should hold for a while longer, but I'm worried about how he'll handle the winter when we're shut in again. I try to remind myself not to worry about things I can't change, but he sure is enjoying living his life outside.

No comments: