Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cars Party- 3rd Birthday Weekend!




This weekend was the big party! The King/Vankemseke clan rolled into town early Saturday morning, bringing not only presents for Thomas but much needed supplies for Baby Whip. I haven't spent a lot of time shopping for the little guy, as work and preschool have kept me on the go and exhausted. I have looked around several times at the stash they brought over and have had a sense of relief that they brought the essentials that we really needed. By afternoon the party was in full swing with the Vankemsekes, Hutchisons, Pohlmans, Lawrences, Wesleys, Stephen and Barb, and finally Mark and the Whipple boys coming in to celebrate. With the early morning weather threatening to create an indoor circus, we prayed desparately for some decent weather, and instead of the rain and cold it turned out to be a beautiful, sunny afternoon. We were so thankful. The presents for Tommy were over the top and I could barely keep my focus with all the bodies clamboring around, wrapping paper flying and toys coming from all directions. I still remember when the wrapping paper was the best part of the whole event. Now, Tommy's entire morning was consumed with "Are my friends here?" "Will they bring presents?" "Is it my birthday yet?" "Are my friends here?" "Are my friends here?" over and over! I was very grateful for all the help from my sister and mom, for Lil's hosting the party upstairs and food supplies, for John and Stephen manning the cameras and video, for Barb's help in the kitchen and for Billy's pinata skills. It would never have gone off without everyone's help.

No comments: