Saturday, August 25, 2007

Working at "The Dirt Pile"



If you look closely, you'll see bright green poking out of his shorts. Yes, that is an underwear band. Despite my ongoing battle to suppress my worry about his lack of interest in potty training, and the thought that he wouldn't be able to attend preschool without at least some of this skill, this week he has actually agreed to put on underwear and even today agreed to the Diego underwear I've had for months-ones that he would beg and cry to not wear! John caught him using the toilet this morning (with the lid down unfortunately-we'll work on that one later!) and he went again later on his own, too. A week before school is to start and he's at last making some progress.

Thomas will be 3 1/2 on September 21st. I'm thinking by this picture that my little boy is growing up faster than I ever wanted. I wish I could slow it down right now. His sentences are clear, he loves to laugh, cuddle and play, he's showing interest in Cooper.....still wants undivided attention at all times and struggles to share his things, but....

No comments: