Friday, December 07, 2007

7 Months, Crawling, Sick and Standing




Cooper had about a week of wellness after a round of antibiotics, then fell ill to what appears to be the dreaded stomach flu. And it's hit us all pretty hard this week. I think that the exhaustion has finally caught up with us, and our immune systems must be broke and busted right now, because we just can't seem to get much of a break these days. I was chuckling and crying the other night when after a day long struggle with vomiting and diarrhea with Cooper, Thomas projectiled (my new word!) twice kneeling in his car seat at the grocery store. Shaking my head in wonder, I drove us all home soaked in more than tears.

Amidst it all, Cooper has finally figured out that his hands and knees can coordinate, and he's moving forward in a crawl instead of backwards-although he still looks like a drunken turtle most of the time!! He will also now pull himself up in his crib and wants to hold hands to walk around the house and stand by his toys. Now I just hope that his immune system can somehow find its way from the darkside and we can have our happy and healthy boy back.

No comments: