Thursday, December 06, 2007

Night-Night Prayers

Tonight, like every night, I asked Tommy if he wanted to help me say our prayers. Like each night before, I expected an emphatic "No!". "You do it." Tonight, though, was our first prayer together. He started.
"Dear Jeeshus," he said, through his dubbie (binky/pacifier) and his sniffing dubbie. "Now you," he said, curling into me.
I thanked Jesus for our beautiful day and asked that He watch over all our loved ones through the night.
Tommy said to me, "Wait! You must pray to Jeeshus for taking Grandpa and me to find Frankie-Four Wheeler today."
"Thanks you Jesus for grandpa who drove all over the county with Tommy looking for his Chevron Car Frankie-Four Wheeler," I prayed. "In Your name....."
"Amen," he said.

It was one of the sweet, beautiful moments (with a chuckle tucked in!) that I won't forget.

No comments: