Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Losing Control 5 Minutes Home

I walked through the doors this afternoon and enjoyed a renewing sense of calm...until the nanny walked out the door and Lil walked up the stairs. Then it was ON...or so Thomas had determined.

While I fed Cooper a snack, I could hear him resuming an activity in the bathroom. A mom knows not to trust the quiet, but I guess I kinda got lost in the feel good moment of peace and quiet. I checked in on him, only to find him "washing" the mirror with soap and a comb and toothpaste. So proud of himself. No harm, really.
Three more bites of cheese from Cooper and Tommy was yelling for me. I found him sitting buck naked in the sink full of bubbles, toothpaste and dental floss, water slopping all over the floor.
I pulled Cooper out of snack time, put him into his walker and pulled Tommy out of the sink and into the shower. Turned my back, stepped out to find towels, and heard laughing from BOTH Cooper and Thomas. Ducked quickly back in, only to find Cooper covered in water, dripping actually, water all over the floor and toilet paper tossed all around in various stages of lumps, clumps and disintegration. "Thomas, why is water all over Coop?" I asked, a bit shocked. "Did you throw water at your brother?"
"No, mom," he replied. "I was washing his hair."
Cooper went back into his high chair so I could pull Thomas out of the shower. Dried him off, went to get clothes. Laughter again. Came down the hall to find Tommy "helping" Cooper eat his toast and jam, more jam and bread smeared on his face and body than anywhere near his mouth. Ahhhhhhh!!!!

Tub time for both! I need to go back to work, and I only just walked through the door!

No comments: