Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Day 2- Coco Cay






Coco Cay is Royal Caribbean's private island and today we headed out to explore. I don't know when we got up, but it was fun to take in a leisurely breakfast with the family and head out on the tenders to see this island paradise. Having been to Holland America's private island, I'm familiar with the amazing beauty that these islands provide. One can never truly remember the enormous beauty in memories, though. It is so absolutely stunning that it takes your breath away. It hits you square on what a different world we live in from these islands. With the hot sun and cool breezes coaxing us out of the air conditioned ship, we headed off.

We enjoyed our time on this island thoroughly. It was a great place for Thomas, as there were no waves to speak of, only crystal clear water and fine sand to run in for hours and hours. And that we did. We waded into the water, played in the sand and enjoyed the BBQ dinner provided by the ship. I heard that only 6 months earlier the same palms that shaded us on this day were barren from a recent hurricane, and I was so thankful to hit at a time when the vegetation had made it's return. What a fabulous island play time. Mom asked me if I found any small shells like the ones we found on our honeymoon to bring them home to her. I did just that, setting them aside for gathering later. It was only when I found my little "treasures" walking off in their shells that I decided against this idea. My cabin was already stinky enough without adding dying sea creatures to the mix.

Tonight we watched Little Big Town perform. It was a great show, and one I'd recommend to anyone interested in good country music. Funny little note...their base player looked so much like Stephen we had to get a picture. It was uncanny how much alike they look.

No comments: