Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tip Toe (or trudge) through the Tulips.





Last night John was up with Thomas until after 1 am, and I wasn't so sure Thomas would be up for preschool this morning. It took some coaxing on my part, but we managed to get out of the house with enough time to face the first day of neighborhood rush hour traffic and a donut break before heading into preschool. Forced with knowing I had to get home to get ready for our outing down to the tulips, I promised Thomas I'd pick him up like all the other moms, and left the building with tears in my eyes. This wasn't the first time I've left him, as I've ran out to get gas and a donut for him, but it was the first time I intended to be gone for the duration. I wiped the tears away, raced home, got ready and raced back, thankful the traffic didn't hold me up too much. I have no idea how I will manage to get stuff done with both boys and John at work, but I'm in denial about that and want to just face each day as it comes...when that time comes.

We met up with The Lawrences and Jodi and Lauren down at Krispy Creme. Both boys were sleeping, so we led the way out to Roozegaard Gardens to see if there were any tulips still up and out. Turns out the kids had more fun running around the gardens than actually caring that the tulips were pretty much out of business for the year. It was nice to catch up with Jodi and talk about the pregnancy and my delivery of Cooper. The kids get along so well, and it was very cute to see Madeline holding Tommy's hand as they made their way to the gardens. It will be such a sweet blessing to see these kids grow up together. I am so thankful for such wonderful friends to share in outings like these.

1 comment:

Dave and Lynette said...

Both of your boys are very handsome! I can't believe how grown up Thomas is. Hopefully we can stop by and see your new addition sometime soon.