Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Week of the Baby Whisperer

This week we went and picked up mom in North Bend to have around this first week that John goes back to work. I just couldn't imagine what it would be like if I had to be home alone so soon, so mom eagerly took on the challenge of helping out. Thankfully, she is a jewel with babies, and the week was entirely enjoyable being able to share time together, hang out and catch up, figure The Coop out (or try to that is!) and keep things a bit more sane on my part. We were able to trade nap times, share time outside with Thomas, I was able to take Thomas to preschool and spend time with him there, as well as enjoy some grocery shopping without both boys. Bruce and Lil take Thomas upstairs and outside when I needed to feed Cooper (Thomas is still trying to figure out why mom spends 45 minutes at a time feeding Cooper on the couch instead of playing with him) and that helped out a bunch. I don't want to lean on them too much, but it is such a relief and a blessing that Thomas can call up "hello?" and can be distracted and loved on when I'm fussing over Coop. I really don't know what I'd do without all the support we've had. I'm scared to think of what will happen when I'm actually alone.

Week 3 Wrap-Up

This week we determined that unlike Thomas and his 4 1/2 month addiction to the swaddle, Cooper does not enjoy being wrapped up like a burrito.

Cooper does not appear to enjoy the dubbie (pacifier). He'll take it about 10% of the time. Most of the time it just makes him gag.

This week we kicked Cooper out of our room and into the hallway. He does WAY too much snorting, grunting and groaning to remain by the bed. Between John snoring, Thomas coming into our room halfway through the night and what sounds like the Seahawks whole defensive line grunting before the next play, I was getting even less sleep than the norm for a newborn sleep schedule.

No comments: