Saturday, June 09, 2007

Cooper News


Cooper continues to grow quickly, although I think his legs have yet to catch up to his growing chest and head. He's had a good case of baby acne going on two weeks now, and I'm really hoping that this time will pass quickly. He hasn't had the cradle cap that Thomas had, though, which is very nice. At least we haven't had that to deal with this time around. He's starting to chub up a bit, which is always a good sign, and eating like a machine.
God has blessed us with a nighttime sleeper this time around. I hesitate to even breath the thought, but after several nights of consistent sleeping, I'm hoping that it will last. Where as Thomas didn't sleep through the night until 14 months (yeah, Babywise was RIGHT on...) Cooper is consistently pulling 8-2 am and 8-4 am sleep times, with his last feeding at 7-ish. What an incredible blessing this is. The other side of that is that he usually doesn't sleep all that well from 4 am on, and only catnaps throughout the morning, which is not what the books say. I figure as long as I can get some sleep at night then the little guy can hang out all day long if he wants. I'm trying to follow the 2 1/2-3 hour schedule, but when he sleeps like this he tanks up throughout the day, and really, I'm serious when I say he feeds like a machine.
He's smiling now, mostly when I'm sweet talking him on the diaper changing table, and like his brother finds a lot of joy when his diaper comes off. His smile lights up his face, and I look forward to catching this smile on film. It really is amazing when they start to smile.
Cooper was not only kicked out of our room and into the hall, but now he's been kicked out of the hall and into the laundry room! The hallway was not enough distance for all his night noise. The boy continues to grunt, groan and snort his way through the night, and we continued to have trouble sleeping through it even outside our room. We're not entirely sure how we're going to work the sleeping arrangements, as we don't know when he'll quiet down during his sleep times to rejoin our room for the nights. I certainly don't want him sleeping in the laundry room, and I don't want to move into the laundry room to give him our room, so we're hoping he'll quiet down as he gets bigger. Tommy had to move out, too, but I can't remember when he was allowed back in. We'll just have to see how it goes!

No comments: