Monday, June 25, 2007

He doesn't have to.....but


He takes me to Home Depot with him. He came and poked his head in anyway, just to see if I was still up. Thankfully, mom doesn't force the issue of a nap right now, and he saved me from this rest time. ( The joy on his face as he raced from his toddler crib was priceless! How could I possibly say no? I'm sure the trip would be much quicker without, but he doesn't fail to come looking for his buddy when he goes. It is the highlight of Tommy's day. What they do is a bit of a mystery, but I hear it involves John Deeres, lifters, grease and loud noises coming out of Tommy's mouth that I don't quite understand.

He takes me for donuts AND a gumball!

He takes me to Uncle Neil's house to fix the dishwasher and I got to see the bunny!

He takes me out to the John Deere store in the big red truck. Mommy tells him not to buy me toys, but I like to buy tractors.

He takes me on errands with him and to Hardware Sales. (Tommy knows the way to these places when we're driving around town. When we go out in the county he can tell which road leads to the John Deere tractor store, which road leads to Hardware Sales and which direction to go to get to the sailboat. It's always, "Grandpa this and Grandpa that" when we're out and about. It's pretty fun to listen to him chatter away about his adventures.

He lets me drive the tractor all around and we go to the dump. We go to the Firs and ride all the way. He lets me help him weed the grass and mow the grass and edge and cut and pull and I help Grandpa. (I can't get Tommy to focus on one single activity in the house, but somehow, when I look out in the yard, he's in the same location, doing the same thing, with the same tools, for an extended length of time. Bruce has some sort of spell on him I think)

He takes me to Burger Me and I eat it ALL up!

He plays with me on the floor and plays trucks and tractors and cars and puzzles.

He shows me Danny Dozer on the "pooter".

He shoots the geese with "bullets".

Let there be no doubt the love between a grandpa and a boy! It is truly a blessing!

No comments: