Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mothering Reasons

Top 10 Reason I MAY be a good mother...

1. I only stop briefly to examine the puke that has just washed some part of my body, then continue on with whatever is most pressing at that moment.

2. I have no trouble picking a rather large booger out of a nose, leaving the others to their own devices.

3. A clean shirt is considered clean if it only has minor snot drags, bits of leftover food or hints of the dirt pile/beach sand. Urp splots are examined for size and stinkability.

4. I'm only mildly annoyed when I roll over on a Tonka trunk, Hot Rod or other sharp object during the night.

5. I can sing the theme songs to a variety of children's shows, including Thomas, Dora, Jay-Jay the Jet Plane, Bob The Builder, etc.

to be cont. .......

Top 10 Reason I MAY NOT be a good mother...

1. I served Rice Krispy Treats for breakfast 1 week before Cooper was born. AND joined in!

2. I served Rice Krispy Treats for breakfast the other day...

3. I found Tommy eating chocolate icing out of the tub, smiled and wished I could help myself too!

4. Tommy considers his "bath" to be a dip in the lake or the outside bucket. (At least it happens everyday!)

5. I no longer fight the urge to sweep up the sand all day long. Why bother?

6. I laughed when Tommy, in the midst of trying to throw a tantrum, kicked out his leg and fell on his butt!

7. I am NOT intimate with the inner workings of a John Deere tractor nor do I know the correct names.

No comments: