Thursday, June 28, 2007

Silverwood '07 Day 2

The breakfast at Triple Play is the best continental breakfast I've ever seen! Usually I'd say having a new baby is tough, but today's breakfast, in which I slipped out of the room with just Cooper and I, was top of the line. First of all, I didn't have to get any other food except my own. I didn't have to share with anyone. I didn't have to worry about spillage, drool, a mess, appropriate manners or loud noises. I sat there and drank my coffee one sip at a time, enjoyed my bagel without gulping it down and read three articles in the newspaper....all while Cooper slept peacefully in the McClaren. But I digress.....
Today was the big day! The day of many bedtime stories, tall tales and much anticipation since last June. We loaded up and headed out, Drew entertaining Cooper and Drew in the backseat, always the loving cousin. Thomas adores Drew, and has started to copy things that Drew says or does, and when they tried to sleep in the same bed, loved all over him.
I digress again...







The day was full of kiddie rides, multiple trips down the waterfall log ride, roller coaster adventures and water boats. The weather was perfect and the kids and us adults had such a great time. By afternoon it was time to head over to Boulder Beach to hit the water park slides. Mom and Dad took Cooper on and gave me some uninterrupted time with Thomas, John and the kids. We had a lot of fun in the wave pool, the lazy river and the toddler fountain playarea that is new this year. After last year's freeze-out in 50 degree weather, the heat was awesome. The thunderstorms that briefly threatened to cancel our trip before it even started never materialized and the weather was perfect.
Late that night the kids were so exhausted we hurridly grabbed fast food for dinner and got the kids ready for bed. Once again Drew spent the night with us, and several times I had to readjust Thomas, who is like a circus performer in bed. When I fed Cooper early that morning, I stepped through the blanket padding John had set out to protect Tommy if he fell out of bed, and stepped on something squishy and warm. It was Thomas, who was wedged half in the pillows and blanket and half under OUR bed! I felt horrible and a bit nauseated, but he didn't even move. I guess I don't have to worry about Tommy needing a new mattress for awhile.

No comments: