Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4th of July 2007

We spent the day out playing with friends and family. Jack, Andrew and Lily were able to come up, and we enjoyed a BBQ of John's juicy ( 2 day!) ribs, as well as the other standards. I was excited that the weather was holding up so fabulously and that there was no rain and wind that traditionally blows in to put a damper on the festivities. Lance and the kids came over for some fun in the sun as well. By the time the fireworks started to shoot across the lake, both Cooper and Thomas had fallen asleep for the night. The only reason I stayed up was because John let me know that the Lawrences were on their way down to watch the fireworks from the beach. Otherwise I would have hit the hay myself. Sleep or fireworks? Hmmmmmm.....
We enjoyed the displays with a beach fire and smores. The finales were loud enough to coax Tommy from his bed, extremely bleary-eyed and big haired, looking dazed and confused. Although we were excited to get him dressed and ready to go out to watch, he was a bit slow to enjoy the noise, prefering instead to watch from the upstairs windows. Quickly that even faded and I ushered him quickly to my bed to cuddle him back to sleep. Cooper didn't get to enjoy his first 4th of July, but that was just fine with us!

No comments: