Saturday, July 07, 2007

Our Great Kenny Chesney Escape!

The goal was to run out of town with my mom and sister watching the kids. Tommy had other ideas. After a lengthy cry-fest, in which he re-asserted the importance of motherhood, Lil and Bruce were called into active duty and took the reigns with Tommy. Thankfully, Cooper could care less at this point, and is content to be adored, loved and smooched on by the baby whisperer and company. Split duties. Back when I just had Tommy, I had to fight to not think about him and focus on something else. Now when I try not to think about Tommy, Cooper enters my mind. Double whammy!
Back to Kenny.....
On the "to do list" in your lifetime, it should be a country concert. Preferably one in a stadium. Although not optimal for those wishing to actually hear quality sound, it should be experienced purely for the assault on one's senses. You will not be disappointed. I loved every minute of it this time around. Prepared for the long lines for food and drink, we gorged ourselves with Krispy Kreme and pizza outside the gates. I was dehydrated enough not to have to use the bathroom more than once pre concert, though John was not. His thoughts.... "Man, girls going the bathroom just don't shut up!" He said this after going into one men's restroom, only to find that women were bucking the excruciating lines in our own bathrooms and heading to the men's. I asked him if he peed with them in there and he said he left and went to another one. Again, he exclaimed, "Girls just don't shut up when they're in there." I asked him if he talks to others while peeing. He just gave me a disgusted look.
We saw a fight a few rows above us that John said was over a girl and watched numerous bumbling idiots drunk off there arses nearly fall down the aisles. Lots of cowboy hats and inappropriate short skirts. Towards evening the pungent smell of garlic fries was finally overpowered by the salty air coming from the waters of Puget Sound, although I'm still not sure which was more polluted.
John says he is done with concerts. This time it was my turn to give a disgusted look. I told him, "You know you won't be able to turn him down when he comes again next year." There was no reply. We'll see. I'm already planning for Kenny #4. A fun concert is like chocolate to me. I just can't say no. We don't go out to dinner much. We don't go out to see movies. We don't do date nights with other couples. But we sure can enjoy a concert!
The line-up:
Pat Green
Sara Evans
Sugarland
Brooks and Dunn
Kenny Chesney

No comments: