Sunday, October 30, 2005

Geneva Fire House Pancake Feed 2005


Very early this morning Jenny called us up and we all headed up to the fire house to eat pancakes and check out the equipment. Thomas enjoys making this high pitched squeal as his engine sound, and he really liked climbing into the engine and checking out the buttons and other gadgits they have. The Lawrence kids, minus Isaac, took a tour of the fire house and learned about what to do when there is a fire, and it was great to see Lance pull himself from the "burning building" and down the ladder. I like to take Thomas down to Fairhaven to look through the shops, and as a treat we go have gelato. Tonight we took Daddy out and shared raspberry and chocolate. Thomas is quite the hit wherever we go, and it's always interesting to listen to the comments we get about him. I take him to the toy store and the ladies always comment on how he picks things up and puts them away so nicely. It makes me wonder what other children do. I would think that when children play with things they should also put them back, but by the way the ladies comment at the stores we go to, I wonder if other children aren't taught manners and the way to behave in stores and in public. I don't know why I'm surprised, though, considering I work with juvenile offenders.
Looking for things to keep busy on a cold day, we went to Lowes and climbed on the wee-wees (wheelbarrows) and lawnmowers and looked at the Christmas lights and houses. Thomas also enjoyed taking a tour of the bathtubs before I caught up to him and yanked him out. It was another good, quiet Saturday!

No comments: