Friday, October 07, 2005

Post Birthday Party dinner with Steph!

Okay, I've had a three day birthday party, really! Today my co-workers celebrated by bringing in donuts, showered me with balloons, one of which sings to me, and treated me to lunch! It was a really fun day at work with lots of distractions.

Tonight, Steph met me at Guiseppe's, our local high end Italian restaurant, and we enjoyed an evening catching up with our lives, aside from our work lives. I've truly enjoyed each and every treat I've had this week, and feel very blessed to have friends that have been so wonderful and truly made me feel loved.

When I got home, Thomas was still up in his crib and calling for me, so I went in to tuck him in. He is so sweet, and such a good boy. Standing in his crib, he wanted to get out and play, but I simply told him it was night-night time, and he looked at me, smiled sweetly, then crumpled down to his pillow and curled up. I cuddled up to him, my heart nearly bursting with love for my little boy, prayed with him our goodnight prayers, then told him I loved him and night-night. He waved up at me and said "nigh-nigh" then turned over and cuddled up to his pillow. No fighting, no whining, no argument. He just simply shuts it down. I walk away each night shaking my head, amazed. I really don't know how else to put it! I just feel so very blessed!

No comments: