Thursday, March 09, 2006

Curious George

Today I had to work but was able to get off early and head home to see if Thomas was in a good enough mood to go out and try this movie. The last movie I took him to was this summer during the free movies at the mall. We went with Jodi, Julia and the kids and Thomas lasted less than 15 minutes, so I was eager to see if Thomas could make this a record. Lil was just getting him up from his nap, so we got ready to go and headed out, although it took some coaxing. Seems Thomas wanted to hang out with Mommy and play aht-wods instead of the bribes of popcorn, soda and a funny looking monkey! Oh, I could make a lot of money if I could figure how these little things think sometimes!
John met us up at the mall...I convinced Thomas to go with me by agreeing to "gumballs". Good lord, if that's all it takes, why didn't I think of it earlier....and we bought an outrageously expensive load of popcorn and soda. Okay, in all honestly, should a medium popcorn and medium soda cost almost 10 bucks?!!! I THINK NOTTTT!!! Thomas was a champ, though, and lasted through about 15 minutes of previews and enjoyed double fisting his share tray of popcorn. Man, that boy can consume as much popcorn as his father! We made it for 55 minutes of uninterrupted movie enjoyment before Thomas tossed his tray to me, jumped out of his booster seat and proceeded to run up the aisle checking out the aisle lights. John and I packed up camp and headed out, happy for such a great movie experience. We had a lot of fun, and who cares if we still don't know how Curious George ends?!

No comments: