Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Thomas 2nd Birthday!




Today was Thomas' 2nd Birthday and I stayed home to get ready to celebrate. There was no way I could go to work getting back so late last night and not getting to spend time with him. And it is so great to be back! I loved every minute of my time with the girls and feel so blessed to have been able to go with them this year, but there is something so comforting about getting back to our routine together. Thomas and I spent quality time together this morning, hanging out, playing at the park and getting errands done. I bought him a cake to celebrate tonight with, but by afternoon he'd caught a glimpse of the trucks and fire hats placed on it and begged for a piece. Actually, he jumped up and down and stomped his feet, all the while yelling "Nommy ave it, Nommy, ave it!" at the top of his lungs. Pretty funny after having a little vacation and what's a mom to say when the birthday boy wants a piece of HIS cake. Yep, he got it, along with several hotrods and monster trucks that he just couldn't live without from the Fountain. We celebrated his birthday with a little dinner here at home and then opened some presents. Thomas doesn't get the idea of presents yet, but I'm sure he'll catch on soon enough. We had a fun evening together and couldn't help but reminisce about the two years that have gone by. It is so wonderful to have a little boy running around, throwing his weight around this place as if it's his castle. In reality it is. He owns me, let me tell you. He is 100% pure adrenaline and nothing stands in his way. He's talking, he's singing, he's running me ragged, and at the end of the day I can't help but fall head over heels in love with him again. I love this little boy. Happy 2nd Birthday Thomas!

No comments: