Saturday, March 25, 2006

Thomas Birthday Party #2-The Big One!






Today was a great day. The cousins came over from Yakima, the cousins came up from Seattle and the friends gathered from the neighborhood to celebrate Thomas' second birthday. It's always so much more work than you think it will be, but the weather blessed us with enough sunshine to keep the running outdoors with lots of room to play, and for that I was so grateful for. Andrea put up with my frantic last minutes assignments, Mom helped me figure out how to decorate the upstairs and Lil readied the upstairs for the party. John wrangled kids and helped set up for the party, and that was fabulous to have him enjoying the party spirit as much as I was. Thomas did so much better this year, and really seemed to enjoy himself so much more with all the barely controlled chaos that is a toddler party. I believe the only tears shed were from Jack, who was so disappointed that he couldn't help Thomas open his birthday present. Jack is so good to help Thomas with his Thomas toys and is really willing to share his wealth of Thomas experience. The party was a great time and I'm thankful it all seemed to go well.

Thomas, I love you buddy. I am so proud to be your mommy, and so proud of you as my little boy. You have brought so much joy and love into our lives, and I can't imagine these last two years without your beautiful smile and laughter in our home. I love you with all my heart, baby. And now, I look at my beautiful baby so grown up and a big two. I treasure each and every moment with you!

Party players

Drew, Jake, Grace, Lauren, Madeline, Sophia, Emma, Grace, Jack, Andrew, Lilly
Punkie, Jodi, Matt, Brad, Erica, Aunt Robin, Nana, Aunt Andrea, Uncle Billy, Grandpa Lillian, Grandpa Bruce, Great Grandma Bernice, Jenny

If I've missed anyone please forgive me!

No comments: