Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Fight is ON!

This morning I woke up not knowing that the day would turn into one big fight! It started out with a huge confrontation with Tim (delusional jerk from insurance hell) and ended with....uhmmmm, nothing but phone calls and more phone calls all day long. Started out badly by Quentin (delusional jerk from insurance hell #1) telling me he was turning my case over to Tim (delusional jerk from insurance hell #2). This was because my claim is now listed under Bodily Injury, since I'd decided to take my aching neck and shoulders into visit the old doc after hours on Friday. Then it got worse when I started to question on the length of time it was taking for them to determine liability so I could get this circus on the road. After all, my car just continues to sit and mildew in the constant deluge of rainfall we've had for days on end now. When Tim calmly (remember, he's delusional) mentioned that by my statement they were going to find me at some fault, I lost it. Bring it on, Tim. Well, not my actual words, but almost. I stated in no uncertain terms, "I'm not rolling over on this one," and then pounded him with point after point of how insane it was of them to think that I had any fault in this accident. And that was before John took up my cause and got on the phone. After all, I'm just merrily on my way home to watch the Seahawks kick some booty, when "Boom" I'm t-boned! How in the world does that suddenly equate to me being at any fault?!!!

My words to anyone from this point on is....when making a statement, even if you think you're being honest, check with others about the facts of your "statement" before you make THE STATEMENT because they can make your "Statement" sound like something is your fault and then they can twist your words around. AND, don't think for a second that your insurance coverage cares about you in the least. They are not your friend either.

Within the hour, good ol' Delusional Jerk #2 called me back, and confirmed that I was indeed correct and they were assuming full liability. I should have been happy about it, but the conversation fighting for myself earlier left me drained, so I was just eager to get the proceedings underway. There was no time for celebration, as the rest of the day was spend trying to find an auto shop that would take my car within the MONTH and was one that we approved, calling my medical insurance to square away with them their part, and making sure my car insurance was up to date on things that were going on. Plus, the rental car company came a'callin and I had to explain to them that they could indeed now take it up with Delusional Jerk #2 from now on, and then my doctor's office called with more questions. What a mess! And somehow a ticket for failing to yield just doesn't seem adequate for the other party in this whole thing.

AND....Thomas appears to be taking on another cold the day before we're supposed to go to Yakima for the weekend and the big concert! Uhhhhh......

No comments: