Thursday, January 26, 2006

No-Go on Toby Keith weekend!

I prayed last night that somehow Thomas would sleep off whatever new illness he's taken on, but God had better ideas about my weekend! It's tough being a mother, I tell you. Andrea and I went several rounds trying to determine if exposing her three kids to this was worth the Toby Keith concert, but after a few minutes it was quite obvious that no amount of fun was worth having Grace get sick with something new. I've been quite vocal on parents that expose their sick kids to others knowingly, like people who take sick kids to church, or to the pool, or to the gym, and I certainly don't want to start being that kind of mother now. It's really hard having a sick toddler and even harder to have a sick baby, so although the tickets cost a lot of money and I was really wanting to go over and hang out with Andrea for some adult entertainment, we did the right thing and canceled, hoping Andrea could get the tickets to someone that really wanted to go. I was fully willing to just dump them, but after calling around a bunch, Andrea called and let me know that Sharon and Ron, who had initially wanted to go but didn't get tickets, now were able to go out. Everyone around here was very happy that it turned out that way. It was good knowing that family, who actually wanted to go, were able to go out and have what I hoped would turn out to be a good night of fun.

We attempted to take Lil and Bruce down to the outlet mall to get some stuff for our cruise, but Thomas was feeling really miserable and it was a failed attempt at salvaging some of the fun in today's day off from work. It was hard for me to go out and get groceries, knowing instead I could be driving off the rez to a fun concert. While we sat at home channel surfing the night away, I really hoped Andrea was having a fabulous time, and couldn't wait to hear all about it. Certainly not the night I thought it would be, but that's how it plays out sometimes. I know that it's for a reason, and I'm certainly happy that Ron and Sharon were able to go.

No comments: