Monday, February 26, 2007

Back to PreSchool Playgroup after Winter Break

Today we went back to preschool after Winter Break and it wasn't easy getting Thomas to go this morning. He was perfectly content to hang out, lounge on his couch and watch his morning Tractor Tom while I got breakfast going. It's hard because he didn't sleep well last night, and I ended up sleeping in a few segments with him on the floor of our room just to get through the night. I don't know what was up, but at 1 am he decided he was done sleeping. I put him back to bed at 2 am after a round of Tractor Tom and Tubbie Toast on the couch, but he was up again at 3 am. This time I put him in our bed, only to find that he was keeping John awake crawling all over him, asking about the fire alarm light and playing with his face. I decided the only humane thing to do with John was to pull him onto the floor with me and try to ignore the fact that Thomas was going to cuddle and snore in my face for what was left of the night.

So, I was less than excited about rushing off for playgroup this morning, but figured with the break last week, we needed to get Tommy back into the swing of things. Especially since I have yet to be able to leave him alone in the room, much less the church building at this point.

Although Thomas did better at playing the whole time, and without his Dubbie this time around per Teacher Dana's request, Thomas cried on the way out that he didn't want to go swimming with Justin. That was fine with me, as I was exhausted after covering the teacher's helper shift for the entire time, as opposed to just hanging out with Thomas. Exhausted and really just wanting to go home and curl up on the couch instead of watching a swim lesson with an exhausted little boy. So, we took the easy route and headed home. Thomas was out cold within minutes of his lunch and I quickly followed. Nap time is such a wonderful thing!

No comments: